The DP&L Foundation and The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L) donate more than $2.4 million annually to organizations that enhance the quality of life, promote economic development and protect the environment for our residents.
DP&L Corporate Social Responsibility
We understand the importance of being a good corporate citizen. We are committed to making a difference through our contributions for our customers and for the communities where our employees live, work and volunteer.
The Dayton Power & Light Company separates its giving into two types of contributions:
The DP&L Foundation was established in 1985 to reinvest in our communities and contribute to the improvement of the overall quality of life. The DP&L Foundation focuses its contributions in the following strategic contribution areas:
- Economic Development: creating an engaged, vibrant, welcoming community that is seen as a great place to live and work
- Arts & Culture: heightening the impact of arts and local culture in our communities
- Health & Human Services: to improve the quality of life for all
- Education: improving educational access and outcomes
DP&L Foundation Signature Grants
Added in 2013, the DP&L Foundation Signature Grant is the opportunity to ask for a grant to support a larger project which may include, but is not limited to capital projects. Signature grants are aimed at special projects (such as a new or innovative program) and long-time partners in DP&L's community efforts. Our commitment for a Signature Grant is for a one-year period. Requests for multi-year grants will be reviewed annually. There will be at least two signature grants given each year, one at the $100,000+ level and one at the $50,000+ level. Additional information may be requested as background for these grant requests.
In 2013 the DP&L Foundation granted nearly $500,000 in Signature Grants to the following organizations:
- American Red Cross Dayton Area – $60,000 to support disaster relief services in the Dayton, Northern Miami Valley, Clinton County and Mason County Kentucky areas.
- Dayton Children’s Hospital – $50,000 to fund programs to provide car seats and bike helmets to the community and mobile sanitation stations for the safety of hospital staffers and patients.
- Culture Works – $50,000 to help fund the new Power2give online contribution program.
- Habitat for Humanity – $50,000 to help fund new building renovations and increase annual home construction.
- K-12 Gallery for Young People – a $120,000 grant to fund a new building renovation and to support youth educational programs.
- United Way of the Greater Dayton Area – $150,000 to support the LIVE United 24/7/365 Fund.
The Dayton Power & Light Company was founded in 1911 and supplies electricity to more than 515,000 customers in central and southwest Ohio. DP&L and its employees have a long tradition of community support. DP&L employees volunteer their time, talents and treasure by serving on non-profit boards, volunteering at local non-profit agencies and contributing personal funds to local charities.
DP&L Corporate Contributions:
- invest in the community to make a vibrant community a great place to live and work
- advance education and training to improve outcomes and promote excellence in secondary and post-secondary education
- encourage economic development within DP&L’s 24 county service area and around DP&L’s power plants along the Ohio River
- and protect the environment by supporting organizations that conserve or improve the natural world around us.
If you are a registered non profit organization seeking a contribution from DP&L, see how to apply for a DP&L contribution here.