The DP&L Foundation and The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L) donate more than $2.4 million annually to organizations that enhance the quality of life, promote economic development and protect the environment for our residents.
DP&L Corporate Social Responsibility
We understand the importance of being a good corporate citizen. We are committed to making a difference through our contributions for our customers and for the communities where our employees live, work and volunteer.
The Dayton Power & Light Company separates its giving into two types of contributions:
The DP&L Foundation was established in 1985 to reinvest in our communities and contribute to the improvement of the overall quality of life. The DP&L Foundation focuses its contributions in the following strategic contribution areas:
- Economic Development: creating an engaged, vibrant, welcoming community that is seen as a great place to live and work
- Arts & Culture: heightening the impact of arts and local culture in our communities
- Health & Human Services: to improve the quality of life for all
- Education: improving educational access and outcomes
DP&L Foundation Signature Grants
The DP&L Foundation introduced Signature Grants in 2013 to provide nonprofit organizations the opportunity to request funding for larger projects, including but not limited to capital projects. Signature Grants are aimed at special projects (such as a new or innovative program) and long-time partners in DP&L's community efforts. Our commitment for a Signature Grant is for a one-year period. Requests for multi-year grants will be reviewed annually. There will be at least two Signature Grants given each year, one at the $100,000+ level and one at the $50,000+ level. Additional information may be requested as background for these grant requests.
Past recipients of DP&L Foundation Signature Grants include:
- American Red Cross Dayton Area – $60,000 to support disaster relief services in the Dayton, Northern Miami Valley, Clinton County and Mason County Kentucky areas.
- Culture Works – Two $50,000 grants to provide matching funds for Power2Give, an online crowd funding initiative empowering individual donors to give directly to a variety of local arts, science and history projects.
- Dayton Children’s Hospital – $50,000 to fund programs to provide car seats and bike helmets to the community and mobile sanitation stations for the safety of hospital staffers and patients.
- Dayton Performing Arts Alliance – $70,000 to power innovation in the arts by continuing to energize and engage audiences of all ages through groundbreaking performances. The DP&L Foundation is the Official Innovation Partner of the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance.
- Habitat for Humanity – $50,000 to help fund new building renovations and increase annual home construction.
- K-12 Gallery for Young People – $120,000 grant to fund new building renovations and to support youth educational programs.
- United Way of the Greater Dayton Area – $150,000 to support the LIVE United 24/7/365 Fund.
- Victoria Theatre Association – $100,000 for the Next Stage Campaign assisting with the sustainability of Dayton's well-loved arts facilities as an artistic hub and an economic driver in our community for generations to come. The DP&L Foundation is the Official Energy Sponsor of the Victoria Theatre Association.
- WYSO Public Radio – $50,000 to support local business and economics reporting in the Miami Valley.
The Dayton Power & Light Company was founded in 1911 and supplies electricity to more than 515,000 customers in central and southwest Ohio. DP&L and its employees have a long tradition of community support. DP&L employees volunteer their time, talents and treasure by serving on nonprofit boards, volunteering at local nonprofit agencies and contributing personal funds to local charities.
DP&L Corporate Contributions:
- invest in the community to make a vibrant community a great place to live and work
- advance education and training to improve outcomes and promote excellence in secondary and post-secondary education
- encourage economic development within DP&L’s 24 county service area and around DP&L’s power plants along the Ohio River
- and protect the environment by supporting organizations that conserve or improve the natural world around us.
If you are a registered nonprofit organization seeking a contribution from DP&L, see how to apply for a DP&L contribution here.