Ohio Payment Plans for Residential Customers
The State of Ohio has programs available based on your household income and other eligibility requirements.
To see details and apply for the programs listed below, visit the Ohio Development Services Agency.
Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus)
- As of November 1, 2010, the former PIPP program has been changed to make your payments more affordable year-round while clearing your PIPP debt if you make your payments on time and in full. Learn about the new PIPP Plus program.
- If you have been on PIPP or PIPP Plus and your income now exceeds the program limits or you wish to leave the program, Graduate PIPP Plus may be able to help you transition and reduce your debt. Learn about the new Graduate PIPP Plus program. You may also want to check out other assistance programs that may be available to you.
Summer Crisis Program
You may be able to obtain assistance based on income guidelines and you must meet one of the two following requirements:
- Your household must include a member who is at least 60 years old OR
- provide physician documentation of medical necessity.
Winter (Home Energy Assistance Program)
- Your amount of assistance will depend on the size of your household, your total household income and the type of fuel you need.
Winter (Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program)
- If you are unable to pay your energy bill or have less than a 10-day supply of heating fuel, you may be eligible for funds to continue or restore your service for up to 30 days. Funds may also be used to repair a heating system.