Business Energy Audit Program
Save up to 100% on an energy audit, learn how your facilities are using energy and prioritize money-saving projects that have the most attractive paybacks.
Increasing your energy efficiency is a great way to control costs. But where do you start and what are the most cost-effective investments? That’s where DP&L's Energy Audits can help.
DP&L Commercial, Industrial and Government customers can work with a qualified audit firm to conduct a comprehensive energy analysis of your facilities, examining everything from lighting to HVAC to building controls. The end result is an understanding of how energy is being used, the potential savings and a list of prioritized projects that have the most attractive paybacks.
DP&L Rebates Up To 100% of the Audit Cost
Once the energy audit has been completed, DP&L will reimburse you 50% of the cost of the audit. We will pay the remaining 50% if you implement identified electricity-saving projects within 1 year of the audit, and the amount of your investment is equal to or greater than the cost of the audit.
Rebates will be based on the final cost of the audit and will be capped as follows:
|Customer Usage (kWh)||Max Audit Cost||Not to exceed $/sq ft|
|Up to 500,000||$3,500||-|
|2,000,001 and greater||$10,000||$0.07|
Save Even More With Additional DP&L Rebates
After the audit is complete, many, if not all, of the identified electricity-saving projects may be eligible for additional DP&L rebates. This makes investing in energy efficiency even more cost effective.
- All commercial, industrial and government facilities may have 3 facility energy audits per calendar year. Federal- and state-owned facilities along with residential buildings are not eligible for energy audits at this time.
- The facility must be within DP&L's service territory.
- Audit work related to the feasibility or study of alternative generation, including renewable generation, is not eligible for program incentives.
- Complete the DP&L Business Energy Audit Application Form and a Facility Data Form for each facility you plan to audit. We will notify you regarding our approval decision.
- Submit your Request for Proposal (RFP) for the audit to DP&L for approval. For your convenience, DP&L has developed a sample RFP as a guide. Our review of the RFP is intended to ensure you that the audit will qualify for the program and avoid unwanted surprises.
- Issue the RFP to qualified energy audit firms of your choice. Selected firm must be able to deliver a “Targeted” ASHRAE Level 1 audit by a Registered Professional Engineer or a Certified Energy Manager.
- Submit the Firm Selection Form and winning proposal to DP&L for approval. DP&L will review the selected proposal to confirm that the audit qualifies for a DP&L rebate.
- Upon DP&L approval, proceed with the audit.
- Complete your audit within 6 months of application approval and submit the Incentive Request Form and invoice to DP&L. Assuming the audit report is consistent with the vendor’s proposal, DP&L will provide a rebate equaling 50% of the audit cost. If you cannot perform the audit within 6 months, extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Within 1 year of the audit report being issued, complete and submit the Measures Implemented Form that shows investment in an electric efficiency project that, at a minimum, equals the total cost of the audit, and DP&L will rebate the remaining 50% of the audit cost.