Rapid Rebates for Your Business
Save big on new equipment purchases that reduce energy consumption and demand.
The rebates can help your business overcome the upfront cost hurdle associated with energy-efficient technologies. And you can apply online right now!
Only DP&L Business and Government customers are eligible for Rapid Rebates®. There is no limit on the number of applications that can be submitted, but we ask that you try to consolidate applications whenever possible.
To be eligible for a Rapid Rebate, your equipment must:
- Be included on the list of eligible equipment at the time the application is submitted (see the individual rebate pages in this section for lighting, HVAC and other equipment currently covered)
- Use electricity as the fuel source and be installed in the DP&L service area
- Be comprised of new equipment purchased from a manufacturer, distributor or contractor
Additional reasons DP&L will not provide a Rapid Rebate:
- If the measures are installed with funding from another utility incentive program or from one of DP&L's other rebate programs
- If the equipment, when installed, results in a net increase in energy consumption or demand due to a negative effect on other systems
Application Instructions and Process
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number
- The Federal Tax ID and contact information for your contractor or vendor if you are assigning your rebate to them
- The types of energy-efficient equipment you are planning to install and the expected installation date
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the application. By default, the DP&L customer will receive the rebate. However, customers may alternately choose to assign the rebate to the vendor who supplied the equipment at a discounted price. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- You or your vendor completes the Online Rebate Application and submits it to us for review. Applications must be complete and include the necessary contact information, equipment specification and equipment costs.
- DP&L reviews the application, verifies the information provided and sends a confirmation email that the application has been approved. If your application has been approved, your funds will be reserved.
- You or your vendor provides DP&L with proof of purchase within 60 days of the approval letter. Proof of purchase may be uploaded, faxed, emailed or mailed to DP&L. Proof of purchase may come in the form of an invoice, purchase order or other supporting document. If proof of purchase is not received, the funds will no longer be reserved. You can reapply for rebates, but they will be placed in the back of the queue.
- The equipment is installed and ready to operate within 120 days of application approval, and DP&L must be notified of the installation. DP&L must be provided with a final, itemized invoice reflecting the true costs of purchasing and installing the energy-savings measure (including all materials, labor, and equipment discounts) as well as equipment serial numbers. If the installation does not occur within 120 days, you may request an extension from DP&L using the Online Extension Request Form. Extension requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- If you assign the funds to your vendor, you must sign the Rebate Assignment Form which states that you have given permission to assign the funds to a third party.
- DP&L releases the funds to you or your assigned vendor within approximately 30 days of receiving the verification of installation. DP&L reserves the right to inspect the installed measure(s) prior to releasing any funds to ensure compliance with the program Terms and Conditions.