New in 2015
We've increased our rebate for recycling your refrigerator and/or freezer from $40 to $50.
Appliance Recycling for your Home
Do you have an old refrigerator or freezer sitting in your garage or basement that you don't use? Wash your hands of your working appliance and save on your electric bills. We pick up the appliances for free and send them to be recycled. See what gets recycled.
Schedule a pickup online or call 877-545-4112 now to receive your $50 rebate.
We pick up your appliance for free, give you $50, and you save up to $150 per year on energy costs by discontinuing the use of a second refrigerator or freezer.
Old refrigerators can use 2-3 times more energy than new high-efficiency models.
Nearly 100% of your old refrigerator’s components are reused rather than going to the landfill. Plus, the toxins and ozone-destroying materials are disposed of safely.
- You must be a DP&L residential or business customer.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be empty and in working condition.
- The unit must be 10-30 cubic feet in size.
- There must be a clear path to access and to remove your appliance.
- The owner of the appliance must give permission for it to be picked up and recycled.
*Energy savings based on industry averages. Your actual savings may vary.
Last update: January 8, 2015.