Do you think you have the oldest, working fridge or freezer in Ohio? If so, it could earn you a lot of money.
The oldest DP&L customer fridge or freezer will be awarded $250. The oldest in Ohio will win you $1,000!
No matter what, you're guaranteed $35 and that eyesore out of your garage - because regardless of age, we’ll pick up your old, working fridge or freezer from your home for free, recycle it, and send you $35.
They just don't make 'em like they used to! And sometimes that's a good thing.
Why do we want your old fridge or freezer? Old fridges manufactured before 1990 can use 2-3 times more energy than new high-efficiency models. Costing around $150 a year to run.
So you know these older models are certainly guzzling up a lot of energy and your money. DP&L wants to safely recycle them and save you money.
- Enter your fridge or freezer to be recycled May 1, 2013-July 31, 2013.
- You must be a DP&L residential customer.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be electrically powered and in working condition.
- The unit must be 10-30 cubic feet in size. Note that you may enter a unit that is 6-30 cubic feet as long as it has a round-top, like our turquoise beauty on the right of the page.
- There must be a clear path to access and to remove your appliance.
- The owner of the appliance must give permission for it to be picked up and recycled.