Oldest Refrigerator Contest
You could win $1,250 if you have the oldest fridge or freezer in Ohio! Enter before July 31.
Do you think you have the oldest, working fridge or freezer in Ohio? If so, it could earn you a lot of money.
The oldest DP&L customer fridge or freezer will be awarded $250. The oldest in Ohio will win you $1,000!
No matter what, you're guaranteed $35 and that eyesore out of your garage - because regardless of age, we’ll pick up your old, working fridge or freezer from your home for free, recycle it, and send you $35.
They just don't make 'em like they used to! And sometimes that's a good thing.
Why do we want your old fridge or freezer? Old fridges manufactured before 1990 can use 2-3 times more energy than new high-efficiency models. Costing around $150 a year to run.
So you know these older models are certainly guzzling up a lot of energy and your money. DP&L wants to safely recycle them and save you money.
- Enter your fridge or freezer to be recycled May 1, 2013-July 31, 2013.
- You must be a DP&L residential customer.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be electrically powered and in working condition.
- The unit must be 10-30 cubic feet in size. Note that you may enter a unit that is 6-30 cubic feet as long as it has a round-top, like our turquoise beauty on the right of the page.
- There must be a clear path to access and to remove your appliance.
- The owner of the appliance must give permission for it to be picked up and recycled.