Dayton, Ohio – March 27, 2020 – Dayton Power & Light Company (DP&L), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), is a vital partner committed to providing the essential energy and services customers need during the COVID-19 health crisis. Working with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), DP&L is implementing changes to ease the burden for customers facing hardship.
In addition to the suspension of disconnections announced last week, the following customer payment relief actions are in place for the duration of the State of Emergency.
- DP&L is temporarily waiving customer reconnection fees, late payment fees, and service fees for credit and debit card payments.
- The up-front security deposit for service connects is no longer required. If a customer's situation requires a deposit, it will be posted on the first bill statement.
- To assist customers, DP&L will arrange flexible payment plans for past due balances.
- To avoid the risk of face-to-face contact, DP&L is suspending in-person meter reading. If we cannot read your meter, we will estimate your usage, subject to reconciliation when we are able to read your meter.
- DP&L is extending the winter reconnect policy through May 1. This allows customers to pay no more than $175 to have service reconnected or maintained, including customers who have already used the policy during the 2019-2020 winter season.
To ensure we are taking all the appropriate precautions, DP&L has instituted a work from home policy for all employees that can do so, including moving our customer care and contact center. Restrictions include removing access to visitors at all buildings, eliminating travel except for essential functions, and our field crews will report directly to the work site. Our employees are practicing social distancing and are self-monitoring their temperature before arriving at a work location. We are following all the guidelines issued by the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease (CDC) regarding proper cleaning of facilities and hand washing. If someone is exhibiting any illness symptoms, we are requiring they receive medical guidance and self-quarantine for 14 days.
At AES and DP&L, we put safety first - safety of our employees, customers and communities. DP&L is closely monitoring COVID-19 information shared by federal, state and local officials and will keep communities and customers apprised of other changes to our services.
For detailed information on the customer payment relief actions and other resources, visit dpandl.com/update.
About The Dayton Power and Light Company, and The AES Corporation
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s primary subsidiaries include The Dayton Power and Light Company, AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), and Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC).The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 525,000 customers in West
Central Ohio; AES Ohio Gen co-owns a merchant generation facility; and MVIC, a captive insurance company, provides insurance services to DPL and its subsidiaries. For more information about the company, please visit www.dplinc.com. Connect with DP&L at www.twitter.com/dpltoday, www.linkedin.com/company/dayton-power-and-light, and at www.facebook.com/DPLToday.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 500 global power company. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 14 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational
excellence and meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2019 revenues were $10 billion and we own and manage $34 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit www.aes.com Follow AES on
Mary Ann Kabel