⚠️ In compliance with Ohio House Bill 6, DP&L's mandated energy efficiency programs are ending. Learn More ›
DP&L cannot exceed the approved incentive budget for Business Rebate Programs. In an effort to more thoroughly evaluate the remaining budget, DP&L is suspending payment of Business Rebates. Should DP&L be able to resume rebate payments, rebates will be fulfilled based on the time stamp of completed applications. Questions should be directed to EnergyEfficiency@dplinc.com.
DP&L offered New Construction Rebates to help Business and Government customers investing in energy-efficient technology when building new facilities. Although we are no longer accepting New Construction Rebate applications, the information below provides a summary of the program and requirements for those customers who still have open rebate applications in our system.
There are two unique new construction rebates, one for lighting and another that covers your entire building. Customers can take advantage of either method of saving, but not both.
Lighting Power Density (LPD) Reduction for Interior Lighting
The LPD reduction incentive encourages you to install lighting designs and equipment that provide quality lighting that uses less energy.Learn More
Whole Building Energy Performance Baseline Improvements
The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards you for designing your buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010.Learn More
DP&L customers with applications on file may receive a rebate once the following steps are complete and all required documentation is on file:
1. A rebate application is on file with DP&L and includes the following:
- DP&L account number
- Federal Tax ID and contact information
- Manufacturer and model numbers of lighting measures planned for installation in the new facility and anticipated occupancy date (required for Lighting Power Density projects)
2. The following documentation is submitted:
- Proof of purchase for the new equipment
- Proof of installation of the new equipment
- Copy of occupancy permit
- Customer’s W-9
3. A post-installation inspection is performed, as needed.