Businesses can earn cash back for investing in energy-efficient technology when building new facilities.
⚠️ In compliance with Ohio House Bill 6, DP&L's mandated energy efficiency programs will end by December 31, 2020. Learn More ›
DP&L is no longer accepting New Construction rebate applications. However, DP&L will review new construction projects on a case-by-case basis depending on whether the building is scheduled to have its occupancy permit on or before November 30, 2020. Questions should be directed to EnergyEfficiency@dplinc.com.
DP&L Business and Government Customers are eligible for Custom Rebates.
There are two unique new construction rebates, one for lighting and another that covers your entire building. Customers can take advantage of either method of saving, but not both.
Lighting Power Density (LPD) Reduction for Interior Lighting
The LPD reduction incentive encourages you to install lighting designs and equipment that provide quality lighting that uses less energy.Learn More
Whole Building Energy Performance Baseline Improvements
The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards you for designing your buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010.Learn More
How it Works
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number, if available
- Your Federal Tax ID and contact information
- Project team contact information (architect, engineer, contractor, etc.)
- The manufacturer and model numbers of the efficient lighting measures you are planning to incorporate in your new facility and the anticipated occupancy date (Only required for Lighting Power Density Reduction rebates).
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the application. The DP&L customer will receive the rebate. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- You or your vendor complete the Rebate Application and submit it to DP&L for review. Applications must be complete and include the necessary contact information, supporting documentation for energy savings, equipment specifications and equipment cost estimates.
- DP&L reviews the application, verifies the information provided, and sends a confirmation notification that the application has been approved.
- You or your vendor provide us with proof of permit to construct within 90 days of the approval letter. Proof of building permit may be faxed, emailed or mailed.
- The building is ready to occupy within 24 months of application approval, and DP&L must be notified of the occupancy permit. If occupancy does not occur within 24 months, you may request an extension. Extension requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- DP&L reserves the right to inspect the new building prior to releasing any funds.