The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards those customers who design their buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010.
Incentives are calculated using the incentive rate guidelines below. To receive a measure incentive, a project must achieve an annual electric energy (kWh) and demand (kW) savings of 5% or better than the baseline.
Incentive Rate Guidelines (Whole Building)
|First Year Annual Electric Reduction||Incentive Rate|
|5 – 10% over baseline||$0.05/kWh||$50/KW|
|> 10% over baseline||$0.08/kWh||$75/KW|
|> 20% over baseline||$0.10/kWh||$100/K|
To be eligible for a Whole Building Performance Rebate, you must:
- Be constructing your facility in the DP&L service area
- Be in the design phase of the project and submit a completed application
- Submit documentation of an energy model, in accordance with ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010, Appendix G. Documentation must include:
- An output report from the energy modeling tool with explanation of any error messages that appear.
- Calculated values for the baseline building performance, the proposed design and the percentage improvement.
- The electronic energy modeling software file(s) used to calculate the baseline and proposed case energy consumption. Examples include Trane TRACE™ 700 “.TAF” or eQuest “.pd2” and the associated “.inp” files. Files are subject to third party review.
- A list of energy-efficient measures included in the proposed design that differ from the baseline, accompanied by product specification sheets for each measure.
Under the Whole Building Performance Rebate Program, DP&L will not provide rebates for:
- Buildings that are under construction or occupied prior to rebate application approval.
- Measures installed with funding from another utility incentive program or from DP&L's other rebate programs.
- Renewable generation.