⚠️ In compliance with Ohio House Bill 6, DP&L's mandated energy efficiency programs are ending. Learn More ›
DP&L cannot exceed the approved incentive budget for Business Rebate Programs. In an effort to more thoroughly evaluate the remaining budget, DP&L is suspending payment of Business Rebates. Should DP&L be able to resume rebate payments, rebates will be fulfilled based on the time stamp of completed applications. Questions should be directed to EnergyEfficiency@dplinc.com.
DP&L offered Rapid Rebates to help Business and Government customers overcome the upfront cost hurdle associated with energy efficient technologies. Although we are no longer accepting new Rapid Rebate applications, the information below provides a summary of the program and requirements for those customers who still have open rebate applications in our system.
To be eligible for a Rapid Rebate, your equipment must:
- Meet the requirements posted on our website as of the date the equipment is purchased.
- Use electricity as the fuel source and be installed in the DP&L service area.
- Be comprised of new, unused equipment purchased from a manufacturer, distributor or contractor.
- Be any of the following project types:
- An energy efficiency measure added to an existing system.
- Early retirement of equipment and replacement with more efficient equipment.
- Replacement of failed or end-of-life equipment.
- Result in a net decrease in energy consumption or demand, once installed.
- Be purchased and installed after January 1, 2020.
DP&L customers with applications on file may receive a rebate once the following steps are complete and all required documentation is on file:
1. A rebate application is on file with DP&L.
2. The following documentation is submitted:
- Customer’s DP&L account number
- Product specifications for the equipment being installed
- Proof of purchase for the new equipment
- Proof of installation of the new equipment
- Customer’s W-9
3. A post-installation inspection is performed, as needed.