Electricity is a basic need like food, water and shelter. DP&L delivers electricity to the community to sustain life and provides corporate contributions and DP&L Foundation grants to improve the quality of life.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Dayton Power & Light Foundation and Dayton Power & Light Company. Each year we receive hundreds of applications and proposals from worthy organizations. We are only able to fund a portion of those received.
We have developed an online application to reduce the amount of paper for the application process, which aligns with our commitment to protect the environment.
Please review the information below before you begin your contribution application.
Requests for funding will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Improving the quality of life for our community – is defined in many ways and each organization or event must describe how its efforts contribute to improving the quality of life for our communities. Contributions are directed to local organizations for local needs.
- Enhancing the sustainability of the organization – each time DPL supports an organization or event our goal is for it to be more sustainable regardless of any ongoing fincancial commitment. Applicants must address this issue.
- Engaging DPL people in partner organizations – many of our people volunteer for and support DPL partner organizations. The number of DPL people serving on your board or who volunteer in other capacities will be tracked.
- The organization must be an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) or a 170(B)
- Alignment with one or more of our giving focus areas
- Organization or program resides or benefits in the locations where we do business, please see map below
- Program effectiveness, including demonstrated and anticipated outcomes and impacts
- Program feasibility based on organization staff, collaborations and organization/program budget
- Diversity and inclusivity of who is served by the program(s)
Should I apply for a DP&L Contribution or a DP&L Foundation Grant?
Please see the table below for guidance on what type of funding request is appropriate. Some requests may seem to fit multiple categories, so please feel free to reach out to our Community Relations team if you have any questions.
|DP&L Contributions||DP&L Foundation Grants|
Please note, the application deadline for DP&L Foundation grants is always October 1. Grants are announced near the first of the year.
DP&L corporate contribution requests are reviewed on a monthly basis.
Unfortunately, we are not able to fund:
- Organizations without 501(c)3 public charity status from the IRS or classified as private foundations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status or any federal, state or local laws
- National or state health organizations
- Organizations that only benefit a few people
- Organizations raising money for second-party giving to a non-profit
- Travel funds for tours, expeditions or trips
- School yearbook and/or calendar ads
- School or civic sports teams, events or supplies (t-shirts, etc.)
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
Before Getting Started with the Online Form
NOTE: You must complete the application and click submit prior to closing your browser or it will not be saved. You must submit an electronic copy of the following documents along with your application (step 2 of the process):
- List organization’s Board of Directors.
- Program or project budget or the organization’s current year budget.
- IRS Letter of Determination (must have a 501(c)3 status).
- W-9 form, required only for Corporate Community Contributions.
- Organization’s most recent audited financial statements or most recently filed Form 990 (if your organization’s financials are only available in hard copy or too large to submit as a part of the form, it may be submitted separately).
Individual file sizes must not exceed 2MB, if they do please send those files in a separate email to DPL Community Relations and include your organization's name in the subject line of the email.