2018 Right Tree, Right Place Grants

Since our founding in 1911, DP&L has been a proud partner with Dayton and our surrounding communities. One of our goals is to protect the environment by supporting organizations that conserve or improve the natural world around us. To meet that goal, DP&L has invited communities in our service territory to enrich their cities or parks with Economic Development Grants through our Right Tree, Right Place program.

In 2018, DP&L will award three $25,000 grants to Tree City USA communities in our service area. Funds should be utilized to beautify communities in a way that encourages utility-friendly planting. At least 40% of DP&L grant funding must be used for utility-friendly trees, vegetation or other environmental improvements. The remaining 60% may be used for other additional upgrades such as hardscapes, benches and pathways. 

To apply:

  • A community must be designated as a Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
  • Click the Apply Today button below to download the Right Tree, Right Place grant application.
  • Submit your completed application to communityrelations@dplinc.com on or before Friday, February 23, 2018. 

Apply Today

If you have questions, we're here to help. Please email communityrelations@dplinc.com or visit our Right Tree, Right Place webpage for more information about utility-friendly planting. 

Winners will be announced on the first day of spring, Tuesday, March 20, 2018.

Past Right Tree, Right Place Grant Recipients

In 2017, the cities of Bellefontaine and Vandalia were each awarded $50,000 grants to support planting of utility-friendly trees and to beautify neighborhoods.

2017 Right Tree Right Place community grant award

In 2016, DP&L awarded $50,000 grants to the cities of Centerville and Sidney for Right Tree, Right Place investments.  

DP&L officials with representatives from Sidney and Centerville

About Right Tree, Right Place

right tree, right place

Trees are an important part of the environment which beautify our neighborhoods and communities. The type of trees and their placement along with other vegetation could impact the safety and reliability of electric services to our customers. Designed with our customers in mind, Right Tree, Right Place encourages customers to plant smart with utilities in mind. Learn more.

plant smart with utilities in mind