Let us help you navigate your construction project. Select the option below that best fits your project description.
New Residential Service
New Business /
Upgrade Residential Service
Upgrade Non-Residential Service
If you are unsure which construction form is right for you, our Construction Control Center (CCC) is here to help. Send our professionals an email, or call 800-424-5578 with questions. Additional help can be found in our Construction Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Submit a Request
- Download and save the PDF application. For best results, open, fill out, print and save the PDF in Adobe Reader, instead of your web browser.
- Email us at email@example.com OR
- Mail completed forms to the mailing address listed on each form. Please include an email address on your form for the most timely response.
What Happens Next?
There are 4 primary steps in our construction process: Intake, Design, Invoicing and Construction. DP&L will be in communication with you during each step. Additional steps may be involved, depending on the project (for example, DP&L may request/require an easement for your project).
- Intake: our CCC will process your application and provide acknowledgement of receipt by email (if provided) or U.S. mail. If a security deposit is required, the CCC will also issue notice of the deposit shortly after intake.
- Design: the project will be assigned to a DP&L engineer to be designed. You or your electrician will be contacted during this step. Design time is dependent on engineering workload, job complexity and timeliness of customer decisions.
- Invoicing: any one-time charges (also known as "aid-to-construction fees") will be invoiced to you by mail or email if an address is provided.
- Construction: once payment is received, along with any necessary agreements, inspections and other required documents, the project will be released for construction. Please work with the assigned DP&L Project Manager for scheduling and coordination. Construction typically begins 3-4 weeks after payment and documentation is received.
If you have questions on the status of your request, please contact our Construction Control Center Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 937-331-4860 or 800-424-5578 or send us an email.
DP&L Service Requirements
New Construction Rebates
DP&L offers business and government customers incentives for surpassing standard building codes and reducing the amount of energy that a completed new construction project or major addition would use.
Call Before You Dig
Call the Ohio Utility Protection Service (OUPS) at 800-362-2764 at least 2 business days before you start any kind of digging or construction on your property. OUPS will mark the location of underground utility lines for you.
Minimum Approach Distance
Keep all construction equipment at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines at all times.
Downed Power Lines
Assume downed lines are energized and stay away. Learn more.