Each $1,000 scholarship is granted for college tuition and expenses to deserving students who have demonstrated outstanding energy leadership, knowledge and an interest in continuing their energy studies by pursuing an energy-related career.
The scholarships are facilitated by the Ohio Energy Project, a non-profit energy education organization that also works with DP&L and Vectren on their energy efficiency programs and activities.
The application period for 2017 scholarships is now open; applications must be received by April 15, 2017.
Qualified applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Show a demonstrated involvement in energy-related classroom, school or community activities or programs
- Reside in DP&L and Vectren's service territories
- Be members of families who are customers of both DP&L and Vectren
Past Scholarship Recipients
2016 Energy Leadership Scholarship Recipients:
- Cassidy Hemm, Lehman Catholic High School
- Taylor Lackey, Eaton High School
- Katheryn Starnes, Clinton-Massie High School
2015 Energy Leadership Scholarship Recipients:
- Haily Kemp, Oakwood High School
- Lane Lucas, Greeneview High School
- John Tsatalis, Centerville High School