Increasing your energy efficiency is a great way to control costs. But where do you start and what are the most cost-effective investments? That’s where DP&L's Energy Audits can help.
DP&L Commercial, Industrial and Government customers can work with a qualified audit firm to conduct a comprehensive energy analysis of your facilities, examining everything from lighting to HVAC to building controls. The end result is an understanding of how energy is being used, the potential savings and a list of prioritized projects that have the most attractive paybacks.
DP&L Rebates Up To 100% of the Audit Cost
Once the energy audit has been completed, DP&L will reimburse you 50% of the cost of the audit. We will pay the remaining 50% if you implement identified electricity-saving projects qualifying for DP&L rebates within 1 year of the audit, and the amount of your investment is equal to or greater than the cost of the audit.
Rebates will be based on the final cost of the audit and will be capped as follows:
|Customer Usage (kWh)||Max Audit Cost|
|Up to 500,000||$3,500|
|2,000,001 and greater||$10,000|
- 50% of the audit cost at receipt of the Energy Audit Report by DP&L
50% of the audit cost upon customer installation of recommended measures:
- Qualifying for DP&L rebate program
- Exceeding the cost of the audit, and
- Purchased within 1 year of receiving the Energy Audit Report.
Save Even More With Additional DP&L Rebates
After the audit is complete, many, if not all, of the identified electricity-saving projects may be eligible for additional DP&L rebates. This makes investing in energy efficiency even more cost effective.
- A commercial, industrial or government entity may have up to 3 facilities audited in a calendar year. Federal- and state-owned facilities along with residential buildings are not eligible for subsidized energy audits.
- The facility must be within DP&L's service territory and have a DP&L account in good standing.
- Audit work related to the feasibility or study of alternative generation, including renewable generation, is not eligible for program incentives.
- Complete the DP&L Business Energy Audit Application Form and a Facility Data Form for each facility you plan to audit. We will notify you regarding our approval decision.
- Submit your Request for Proposal (RFP) for the audit to DP&L for approval. For your convenience, DP&L has developed a sample RFP as a guide. Our review of the RFP is intended to ensure you that the audit will qualify for the program and avoid unwanted surprises.
- Issue the RFP to qualified energy audit firms of your choice. Selected firm must be able to deliver a “Targeted” ASHRAE Level 1 audit by a Registered Professional Engineer or a Certified Energy Manager.
- Submit the Firm Selection Form and winning proposal to DP&L for approval. DP&L will review the selected proposal to confirm that the audit qualifies for a DP&L rebate.
- Upon DP&L approval, proceed with the audit.
- Complete your audit within 6 months of application approval and submit the Incentive Request Form and invoice to DP&L. Assuming the audit report is consistent with the vendor’s proposal, DP&L will provide a rebate equaling 50% of the audit cost. If you cannot perform the audit within 6 months, extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Within 1 year of the audit report being issued, complete and submit the Measures Implemented Form that shows investment in an electric efficiency project that, at a minimum, equals the total cost of the audit, qualifying for DP&L rebates and DP&L will rebate the remaining 50% of the audit cost.
Page last updated January 29, 2016.