- What is the difference between Rapid Rebates (e.g. lighting, HVAC, etc.) and Custom Rebates?
- How do I get started with DP&L’s rebate programs?
- How do I start a rebate application?
- When should I complete the rebate application?
- How can I check on the status of my rebate?
- I am having trouble completing the rebate application. What should I do?
- Can I combine my DP&L rebate with rebates from other sources?
- How long will the rebate programs last?
- If the program funds run out, will I still get my rebate?
- Is there a limit to the amount of rebates my company can receive?
- My project is taking longer than expected. What should I do?
- Some of the rebate values changed. Does that affect the rebates I have already applied for?
- What documentation is required for my application?
- Can I install the energy-efficient measure myself and still receive a rebate?
What is the difference between Rapid Rebates (e.g. lighting, HVAC, etc.) and Custom Rebates?
The Rapid Rebates program provides a streamlined way for DP&L customers to receive rebates for standard energy efficiency measures. Customers do not need to prove that the measures save energy. In addition, the amount of the rebates is fixed based on the equipment installed. The Custom Rebate program is for unusual equipment or process changes that will reduce energy consumption and energy demand. Under this program, the customer must prove that project will save energy and the rebate value varies depending on the amount of kWh and KW saved.Back to Top
How do I get started with DP&L’s rebate programs?
First you should review the online information for the Rapid Rebates and Custom Rebate programs on this site. If you have questions regarding the rebate process, feel free to email us. In addition, DP&L's Channel Partners will be happy to assist you with any questions regarding specific types of equipment or the application process.Back to Top
How do I start a rebate application?
For lighting, HVAC, motors, compressed air rebates, or measures on the list of additional technologies, use the online Rapid Rebates Application. For custom rebates, use the online Custom Rebate Application.Back to Top
When should I complete the rebate application?
You should complete the rebate application when you have finalized your project plans and are ready to purchase your energy-efficient equipment. For the Rapid Rebates program you may complete an application after you have installed energy savings equipment, although this is strongly discouraged. For the Custom program, all applications must be submitted in advance since DP&L will need to verify your energy baseline before existing equipment may be removed. Custom projects that are not pre-approved will be ineligible for a rebate.Back to Top
How can I check on the status of my rebate?
I am having trouble completing the rebate application. What should I do?
We will be happy to assist you in completing the rebate application. Please email us, and we will get back to you promptly.Back to Top
Can I combine my DP&L rebate with rebates from other sources?
Each project shall be eligible to receive a single DP&L incentive.Back to Top
How long will the rebate programs last?
Currently there is no plan to discontinue the rebate programs although DP&L reserves the right to discontinue or change them in the future.Back to Top
If the program funds run out, will I still get my rebate?
DP&L will make reasonable efforts to notify customers in the event their applications are impacted.Back to Top
Is there a limit to the amount of rebates my company can receive?
Any individual account number will be limited to $250,000 in incentives in any calendar year, with the exception of CHP projects.Back to Top
My project is taking longer than expected. What should I do?
You must complete the Rebate Extension Request form. We will evaluate your request and notify you of our decision.Back to Top
Some of the rebate values changed. Does that affect the rebates I have already applied for?
No. Rebate values for the Rapid Rebates program will change from time to time, depending on technology improvements or market needs. However, the rebate that was available when you purchased your equipment will be the rebate you receive.Back to Top
What documentation is required for my application?
Final documentation is required prior to DP&L issuing a rebate payment. This includes the following:
- Your DP&L account number
- Equipment specification sheets
- Itemized invoices for both equipment purchased and installation
- Valid W-9 for your business
- Post-installation audit report, if applicable
Can I install the energy-efficient measure myself and still receive a rebate?
Yes, there is no requirement that you use a contractor or other third party for installation.Back to Top