Rapid Rebates can help your business overcome the upfront cost hurdle associated with energy-efficient technologies. And you can apply online right now!
Only DP&L Business and Government customers are eligible for Rapid Rebates. There is no limit on the number of applications that can be submitted, but we ask that you try to consolidate applications whenever possible.
Types of Rapid Rebates
DP&L offers rebates for new equipment purchases that replace existing equipment or as part of a retrofit project. There are several types equipment that qualify for Rapid Rebates:
To be eligible for a Rapid Rebate, your equipment must:
- Meet the requiremenets posted at dpandl.com/save as of the date the equipment is purchased.
- Use electricity as the fuel source and be installed in the DP&L service area.
- Be comprised of new, unused equipment purchased from a manufacturer, distributor or contractor.
Be any of the following project types:
- An energy efficiency measure added to an existing system.
- Early retirement of equipment and replacement with more efficient equipment.
- Replacement of failed or end-of-life equipment.
- Be purchased and installed after January 1, 2018.
How the Rapid Rebate Process Works
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number
- The types of energy-efficient equipment you are planning to install and the expected installation date
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the online application. The DP&L customer will receive the rebate. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- Application: You or your contractor can submit an application that specifies the equipment that will be installed, including product specifications.
- Approval: When the application is approved you’ll receive notification of approval.
- Proof of Purchase: You must submit proof of equipment purchase within 60 days of application submission date.
- Installation: The equipment must be installed and operating within 120 days of application and the old equipment must be decommissioned.
- Post-Installation Inspection: DP&L reserves the right to insepct installed equipment prior to issuing a rebate.
- Final Approval and Rebate Check: DP&L will perform a final review of the application and required documentation, then issue your check.
- For more information, view the program terms and conditions or contact us at EnergyEfficiency@dplinc.com.
- Rebate values are subject to change and apply only to new, unused equipment. Rebate measures and values for the 2018 programs are for equipment and services purchased and installed on or after January 1, 2018.
- Funds are allotted on a calendar-year basis and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A rebate may not exceed the cost of equipment at the measure level net outside funding received, not including taxes, warranty fees, installation costs, or maintenance fees. DP&L shall make the final determination regarding rebate amounts. An individual account number will be limited to $250,000 in DP&L business rebates in any calendar year.
- All DP&L energy programs are subject to Public Utilities Commission of Ohio rules and regulations.
Page last updated January 1, 2018.