Rapid Rebates® can help your business overcome the upfront cost hurdle associated with energy-efficient technologies. And you can apply online right now!
Only DP&L Business and Government customers are eligible for Rapid Rebates. There is no limit on the number of applications that can be submitted, but we ask that you try to consolidate applications whenever possible.
Please note: the deadline for submitting an application for equipment purchased in the 2016 calendar year was Dec. 31, 2016.
Types of Rapid Rebates
DP&L offers rebates for new equipment purchases that replace existing equipment or as part of a retrofit project. There are several types equipment that qualify for Rapid Rebates:
To be eligible for a Rapid Rebate, your equipment must:
- Be included on the list of eligible equipment at the time the application is submitted.
- Use electricity as the fuel source and be installed in the DP&L service area.
- Be comprised of new equipment purchased from a manufacturer, distributor or contractor in the current calendar year.
Be any of the following project types:
- An energy efficiency measure added to an existing system.
- Early retirement of equipment and replacement with more efficient equipment.
- Replacement of failed or end-of-life equipment.
- Be purchased and installed after January 1, 2017.
Projects not eligible for Rapid Rebates include:
- Equipment that is not on the list of eligible equipment at the time the application is submitted.
- Measures installed with funding from another DP&L incentive program.
How the Rapid Rebate Process Works
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number
- The types of energy-efficient equipment you are planning to install and the expected installation date
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the online application. The DP&L customer will receive the rebate. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- Application: You or your contractor can submit an application that specifies the equipment that will be installed, including product specifications.
- Approval: When the application is approved, funds are set aside and you’ll receive notification of approval.
- Proof of Purchase: You must submit proof of purchase within 60 days of application submission date.
- Installation: The equipment must be installed and operating, or the project must be complete within 120 days of application and the old equipment must be decommissioned.
- Post-Installation Inspection: An on-site verification will be made prior to any rebate payment for both a random sampling of applications and every rebate application over $10,000.
- Final Approval and Rebate Check: DP&L will perform a final review of the application and required documentation, then issue your check.
Page last updated January 1, 2017.