Smart Thermostat Rebates for Your Home
Smart thermostats help reduce energy use and lower monthly bills. And, they adapt to your family’s lifestyle, which keeps your home more comfortable. Plus, smart thermostats are connected to the internet, so you can monitor and adjust your home’s temperature from a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Benefits of Installing a Smart Thermostat:
- Helps you save on your annual heating and cooling costs
- Learns your behavior and automatically adapts to your schedules and preferences
- Uses occupancy sensors and/or geo-fencing technology to sense when you're home
DP&L offers several ways for you to Be a Savings Champion and earn a $50 rebate on ENERGY STAR® smart thermostats. An additional $50 rebate may be available from Vectren for their customers. Visit Vectren's website for details.
How to Get a DP&L Smart Thermostat Rebate
Instant Rebate from DP&L Marketplace
Browse and shop for ENERGY STAR smart thermostats on the DP&L Marketplace and have it mailed to your home with no shipping costs.
Purchase your qualifying smart thermostat from a retail outlet and apply for a rebate by selecting the button below. Or, complete and submit this application.
Instant Rebate from Nest.com
Purchase a Nest Learning Thermostat™ from Nest's website and have it mailed to your home with no shipping costs.
- If you are a DP&L customer who is also a Vectren customer, you will receive your rebate instantly in the form of a discount at the time of purchase. You will need your Vectren account number to apply the discount to your purchase.
- If you are a DP&L customer who is NOT a Vectren customer (for example, you have electric heat), you may still purchase the Nest Thermostat from Nest's website, however you will not receive your rebate instantly. To apply for your rebate, complete and submit this application.
Heating and Cooling Rebates for Your Home
Pair the installation of your new heating and cooling system with a smart thermostat and get a rebate on both. To receive a rebate through the Heating and Cooling Rebates program, new equipment - including thermostats - must be purchased from a participating contractor.
- You are a DP&L residential customer.
You purchased a new smart thermostat between January 1, 2018 and
December 31, 2018.
- Limit 1 smart thermostat rebate per residential electric customer account.
- Offer is available while funding lasts.
- Rebate value will be limited to the purchase price.
- Participation indicates acceptance of the Smart Thermostat Rebate Program Terms and Conditions.
Page last updated January 1, 2018.